The Elo rating system is the generally accepted way of comparing the strengths of various players from around the world. These days there are six rating lists per year, so every two months the lists are modified to take into account recent results. Thousands of games from hundreds of tournaments are ELO-rated and the latest list gives an excellent indication of who is in form and who isn't!
In this folder
- Anand is top gun
- Leading Ladies: May 2011
- Top Ten Elo performers of all time
- Carlsen back on top of the World!
- World's Top Women: July 2011
- Morozevich is back!
- The Top Thirty for Women
- An updated, Top Ten of all time
- September 2011: Modified version
- The World Top Ten in the 21st Century
- Carlsen well ahead
- Women: The top 33 in November
- Carlsen way ahead
- Hou Yifan is No.2